Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Blanket of Love


It snowed here last night. Quite a bit. It's a beautiful, bright blanket for the barren landscape of November.
Whenever the seasons are changing, I am reminded of God's faithfulness. In a world where chaos seems to reign, and nothing is a sure thing, His steadfastness in bringing each new season is reassuring to me. It's as if He pays no attention to the constant rebellion amongst His creation, but carries on in his continual upholding of the universe.
In spite of the fact that little acknowledgement is given to Him as Creator and Sustainer of life, He continues to bless us all, with His tokens of kindness. I see them in the mural He has painted in blue sky, white clouds, and bare tree branches. I breathe in fresh, crisp air that wakes up my sleepy brain. I squint against the sun that warms my face on a cold day. All reminders of Him. His fingerprints are everywhere. His care and keeping says "I'm always here, I have all these things in hand." And I answer, "Thank you Father."
"Praise the LORD!
Praise the LORD from the heavens;
Praise Him in the heights!
Praise Him, all His angels;
Praise Him, all His hosts!
Praise Him, sun and moon;
Praise Him, all stars of light!
Praise Him, highest heavens,
And the waters that are above the heavens!
Let them praise the name of the LORD,
For He commanded and they were created.
He has also established them forever and ever;
He has made a decree which will not pass away.
Praise the LORD from the earth,
Sea monsters and all deeps;
Fire and hail, snow and clouds;
Stormy wind, fulfilling His word;
Mountans and all hills;
Fruit trees and all cedars;
Beasts and all catttle;
Creeping things and winged fowl;
Kings of the earth and all peoples;
Princes and all judges of the earth;
Both young men and virgins;
Old men and children.
Let them praise the name of the LORD,
For His name alone is exalted;
His glory is above earth and heaven.
And He has lifted up a horn for His people,
Praise for all His godly ones;
Even for the sons of Israel, a people near to Him.
Praise the LORD!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maureen,
As I mentioned earlier, I am truly delighted you have been kissed with this new fresh blanket of snow there!

Thank you for posting this. Yours, and actually a few other bloggers who live in the Northern states, upon sharing their recent snow storms, have inspired me to post a blog about the season of "Winter."

I think I'll post it on December 1st, as that day, for me, seems to mentally "usher in" the feeling of festive holiday spirit.

Time for some warm cocoa, apple cider or chicken noodle soup?

Blessings,
~Amy :)
Author of "Orphaned Into Belonging"
http://www.lulu.com/content/4781677
Walking In The Spirit
http://amyiswalkinginthespirit.blogspot.com

a said...

A lovely post.

Would it not set the tongues wagging if all the "Sea monsters and all deeps;Fire and hail, snow and clouds;Stormy wind, fulfilling His word;Mountans and all hills; Fruit trees and all cedars; Beasts and all catttle;Creeping things and winged fowl" started verbally PRAISING THE LORD.

I am happy with my sun in South Africa, although your snow is beautiful!

Leonard said...

Hi Mac, wonderful post. Hey I sent you an email, what is that a picture of at the top of this post, is that some type of bridge ??? Let me know when you get a minute, thanks Sis.
Leonard

Maureen said...

Amy, truly you should come and visit a true "winter" climate. Snow can be a nuisance, but for the first little while it is almost magical, whether on a sunny day, a moonlit night, or hanging heavy on evergreen trees.

Bless you too!

Lennart, I love the verse that says one day every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is LORD. That will be quite a day.

Leonard, and anyone else that can't make out the picture, I think it is a ditch full of snow, with a fence on the left hand side.

(Thanks for the link, Amy!!)

Maureen said...

Make that right hand side! Duh!

Gilly said...

Thanks for coming to see my blog - lovely to meet you. I love snow, too, it "covers a multitude of sins" (mostly mess in my garden!) but we don't get much of it here now - global warming, I think.

God bless you.