Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

One of My Favourite Things.............


This pic should really go with a post on my other blog (Our Best Rest), but it just happened yesterday. Margaret fell asleep snuggling with me. I had to be very still, just sit there for an hour so's not to wake her. Couldn't resist taking a picture, as she fell asleep with her little hands under her chin.
There is nothing more soothing to me than to have a sleeping baby or child in my arms. It's as though their innocent trust and worry free slumber transfers peace to my soul as I cuddle their warm little bodies and feel their tiny chests rise and fall with each breath.
I think of how much I love my children and grandchildren, and I know that my love for them cannot hold a candle to the everlasting love my heavenly Father has for me, and for all His children.
This is how we should live each day. Resting like a sleeping child rests in their mother's/father's arms. A picture of total trust and peace. That is the reality of His love and care for us.
"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms."
(Deut. 33:27a)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful picture, beautiful grandma, beautiful reminder

Deb

Maureen said...

Good to see you! Maybe see you in person soon???? I hope?????

Anonymous said...

Maureen,
Awww!! She is so lucky to have a wonderful grandma! And, you are lucky to have such a sweet and beautiful granddaughter (which she certainly looks and sounds like it!) Thank you for posting this picture. I'm so glad you both got to experience those precious moments!

P.S. I really like your new design of your blogpage! I've been thinking about possibly changing mine, too. We shall see! :)

Blessings,
~Amy :)

Anonymous said...

My "grandma" was the sweetest woman I ever knew. My mother and my wife are "ok" with me saying that! The most "Christ-like" woman I ever knew was "grandma". I always felt safe, secure, and loved when I was with her.

P.S. Margaret will need "no" cosmetics!! If I were the grandpa, I would already have my gun locked and loaded!